The Government are proposing to close Eastern Avenue job centre at Manor Top and move it across town to the City Centre.
We, the undersigned, believe the proposal:
- Will affect thousands including the disabled and raises real questions about accessibility.
- Will force those who use the job centre to fork out money they cannot afford to travel across town.
- That the job centre should remain an important part of the community, as close to people as possible.
- That it is shameful the Government announced the closure without conducting an impact assessment.
- And that it affects seventy job centre staff.
We therefore think the Government should halt the plan to close this job centre which is in an area of real need.
Click here to sign the petition.